Monday, January 02, 2006

Boo Hiss... but yay!

Holidays Suck.

Well, actually, it is just the end of holidays that suck. Today is Monday, and tomorrow is my first day back at work after the Christmas break. I just don't wanna go! I have spent the past week camping with boy. We just lounged at the river, and skiied a little.

Lots of tension though in the last few days. We had spent 5 and a half days in peace. Lounging, eating, drinking, skiing, off to bed when we felt like it, and just generally relaxing. everyone got along, and life was good. then my ex (who is a good friend of all of ours, and in a roundabout way is how I met boy!) turned up with his girl and some friends. It just turned to crap. They refused to use their vehicle to help us out, and they just made us all feel yuckky.

I just wish they hadn't come along at all. We were having such a peaceful time, and they just ruined it. I felt cheated I supposed. Like they had cheated me of the last few days of relaxing, and had tainted the memory of the whole break. Boo Hiss to them.

But, on the positive side, boy and I had lots of time together, and he was the sweet boy he used to be. Before we both started stressing about stuff. Yucky stuff, that makes us both tense in our own ways. He is starting to become the man in public that he has always been in private.

My friends are noticing the difference, and are commenting out loud. I think that is awesome. that means that he is opening up to them, and showing them why I am so nuts about him. For a while they couldn't work it out, because we are so very different, and he was this withdrawn, shy boy. But, now he is starting to be the smart-ass he has always been with me, and is getting better at doing those sweet things that he knows I love.

When we first got together, he used to send me an sms every day, to tell me something sweet. he doesn't do that anymore, I guess that is what happens when you settle into a relationship. But, last night when I messaged him to tell him that my house was making funny noises and that i was a bit spooked, he was so cute! lots of messages to make sure I was ok. he invited me over (he was already in bed by this stage) but I decided I wanted to stay where I was and slay my own dragons for the night. He was so sweet though, I'm a very lucky girl, really!

Anyways, I suppose I should get back to work now. I will try and post some more later this week.

No comments: