Thursday, December 22, 2005

2 more sleeps

I'm finally getting excited!

Christmas shopping is finished, I have a matter of hours left at work, and then I'm off. YAY!! 10 days off work. I LOVE my Christmas holidays!

Christmas day with my family, and then on Boxing day, I will head off up the river to camp with my boy and his family and our friends. I can't wait. I don't much like camping, but I guess at the same time I do. There is just so much packing and unpacking to do. That bit I don't like. But, sitting around in the beautiful weather, reading a newspaper, skiing and kneeboarding all day. Life is really pretty good all around.

But, If my boy thinks I am going to eat processed meat the whole time we are away, he is sadly mistaken! We're going shopping tonight, and there will be some veges and fruit coming with us. I just can't cope with just meat in bread for days on end. No way. Nuh uh.

Surely at least some tomatos? I don't think that is asking a lot!

Yay for Christmas Holidays in the sun! I've spent a Christmas in the snow, and it just isn't the same. I like my prawns, stinking hot weather, mini-skirts and sunburn thanks very much. I mean sure, its pretty with the snow, but I think there is a special kind of beauty to Aussie Christmases. the grass is green-ish (depending on how bad your water restrictions are. ours aren't too bad at the moment), and the native grasses are blonde, and the trees are covered in leaves. Plus, I just don't think you can beat spending time in pool, preferably with a beer in one hand and chips and dip in the other!

yay for Christmas!! I'm so glad I found my Christmas spirit!

Shopping for food is pretty high on my list, because then come boxing day, I'm off up the river.

No comments: