Thursday, March 09, 2006

Slack Poster!

I have been so busy, but that is no excuse. I'm sorry, blog, for being such a slacker!

My boss went away, and I was flat out here at work, and then I had a week to get myself organised for my holidays! Hooray!!

I am going to be a Volunteer at the commonwealth games. I'm so excited, it is a once off opportunity for me. I say that because I assume that by the time something like this comes around again, I will probably have a lot more job responsibility, and (hopefully!) a family to think about!

So, I'm off. I'll be pointing you in the direction of the nearest outside viewing area, train station or public toilets, in my geeky uniform with a smile on my dial, because I"ll be outside and doing something different for a couple of weeks.

Someone told me I was crazy for using my holidays to do this. Especially when I don't get paid. They said that I would be pooped when I got back. But here's the thing. Its a break from my life. its something different, new, and I have basically no responsibility. at the end of the day, I don't have to keep thinking about it. can't wait. just have to get everything here at work ready for someone else to take over for 2 weeks. busy busy busy!!

I'll try and update while I'm away, so that people can see how much fun I'm having. I may even try and post some pictures. Admittedly, this assumes that someone actually reads my blog. Hmm. Hadn't thought of that before!

No comments: