Wednesday, January 24, 2007

damn dreams!

so, my job is kinda stressfull. I don't want to say too much about it, but i have responsibility for a lot of different jobs at any one time (up to 75 I guess) all for different clients. its a lot of balls to keep in the air.

And they worry me. I stress out, and when it gets really bad, they invade my life. I think about them on the loo (total tmi I know!) and in the shower, and while I'm walking to work, and making my dinner.

And then, they totally cross the line, and I start to dream about them. and thats when I get kinda mad. I know it isn't their fault, (they don't actually have to do anything except exist, and without them my job doesn't exist!) but I still feel totally invaded, and i just want them to stop.

so, i'm asking for advice. Do you feel like your job invades your life? how do you leave it behind at the door when you go home? I know that they say if you love your job, you'll never work a day, and i am well aware that this could be indicative of my general unhappiness in my job, but a lot of the time i love my work, and i get a lot of satisfaction from it, because i am a helper most of the time, but the dreams have got to stop!

incidentally, i also dreamt about stealing from people and trying to give it back before they discovered the other night, and I had to wake myself up to convince myself that i wasn't a theif.

even in my dreams i'm a fraidy cat when it comes to breaking the rules!

on a very exciting note though, i'm going to book the holiday tomorrow for the workie and i. i'm really excited about this, it will be so cool!

1 comment:

Real Life in South Carolina said...

Hi,

I found you through a comment you left on another blogger's post last night. I think it was Girl From Florida but it was late last night and I can't remember now!

I remember when I got married and moved to a new state, I had to find a new job. I ended up working in the office of a construction company where there were all sorts of bad things going on in the office. It seemed like I was working all day, and then I'd go home and dream about work all night. It felt like I never got a break. The dreams eventually stopped after working there for a while, but then they started up again when things started to get bad.

I finally realized the job was stressing me out too much when my face broke out in the worst acne and the rest of my body broke out in hives on two separate occasions, taking over a month for them to go away. I was miserable.

So I guess I'm saying to just keep an eye on your health. If your health is failing in any way, you might want to reconsider what you are doing. No job is worth being physically miserable!

Anyway, with all that responsibility on you, it would make sense that you would dream about work at night. I hope that you can find something to take your mind off work when you are not supposed to be working...I've noticed my husband does a good job shaking off all the responsibilities from work by working out. Some people take time to work on a project or hobby and when things are really rough, my husband and/or I go out with friends or co-workers to vent a little. Well, I used to, when I was working at least!

I hope you are able to find a way to get a break from it all. It's apparent you care about your job very much and that you take your responsibilities seriously. I hope your clients value you!